The First United Pentecostal Church has been in Ada for over 50 years!
In 1957, the Owen York family moved to Ada with a burden to establish a United Pentecostal Church. In 1958 they purchased a church building located at 405 West 6th Street and began having services.
When Pastor York resigned in 1960, Hubert Parkey was elected as pastor.
When Brother Parkey left, a Brother Frazier was elected.
In 1963, Brother York was re-elected, and the congregation purchased the house just east of the church, which they converted into classrooms and a Peanut Brittle-Candy Kitchen.
In 1973, Brother Tommy Coleman was elected as pastor. A year later Brother York was re-elected and served as pastor until he retired in 1993. During this time, rooms were added onto each side of the church.
Brother Daniel Johnson was elected as pastor in January 1994.
The year 1996 was one of great change. The church building on 6th Street was sold, and the congregation moved to a new church building at 1309 East 18th Street . With the sale of the old church, they paid off the 18th Street building.
In 2000, that building was sold, and the congregation purchased the building at 517 East Main Street .
In June of 2007, the Ada UPC celebrated its 50th year with a Golden Anniversary service with Superintendent Matthew Martin as Emcee and former Superintendent R. D. Whalen the guest speaker. With great joy they paid off the church in 2008. God has blessed the Ada UPC.
In each location souls have been buried in the name of Jesus and filled with the Holy Ghost. Pastor Johnson and the saints look forward to continued revival in Ada .